You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘12 of 12’ category.
grrr – fuck. with the trip to prague, i totally forgot about 12 of 12.
after taking last month off, welcome to the march installment of the 12 of 12 project started by chad darnell.
this may be one of the dullest looks into anyones life as today was an extraordinarily boring (albeit busy) day. not much interesting happened (least not that i had the camera ready for).
01. 5:30am. i think parker’s exact thought at this point was “what the fuck are you doing up this early?”
02. 6:00am. me. pre-shower.
03. 7:08am. the stack of shit that’s been piling up on my desk. oh, if you look real close, you’ll see a pic of me and landry from like 5 or 6 years ago.
04. 10:30am. a road case that i loaned a guy in our creative department was returned. it just went to nepal for a photo shoot. it’s big enough that two small-ish children could fit inside if you wanted.
04a. 10:31am. just a close up of the handle. this babies been on a whirlwind international trip. all of those tags you see…. they’re from this one trip to nepal.
05. noon-ish. a friend from work loaned me these too impressive tome’s for some fun reading whilst on planes, trains and various other sundry forms of transportation. the first, diablo cody’s biography about her stripper career in minneapolis (she who wrote the kick ass movie “juno”) . the second, nikki sixx (of motley crue) biography “the heroine diaries”. ooh fun. sex, drugs and rock-n-roll!
06. 2:30ish. aaahhh pepsi. paraphrasing robert louis stevenson: “pepsi is bottled poetry”
07. 3:00pm. the pile has been dealt with, filed, recycled or otherwise organized.
08. 5:10pm. with our recent warm up – the roads are down-right messy. pit stop for some windshield wash.
09. 5:30pm. the view on the drive home. interstate 35w bridge re-construction.
10. 6:30pm. i use a lot of music from my personal music collection for shows – when my pc committed suicide last month i lost my entire uploaded itunes library. mother-fucker. now that i have my new fancy macbook pro, every night i spend a bit of time uploading more of my collection so that i have music at my disposal whilst on the road producing a show. this is tonight’s stack.
11. 7:00pm. i must admit i’m a complete and total sucker for the tv show “gilmore girls” (rip). so much so that the cable station abc family broadcasts a repeat everyday at 4:00 in minneapolis. everyday i dvr it. it’s become my standard tv show whilst eating dinner.
12. 7:40pm. the suitcase has come out (parker is not pleased). yup – another show. this one is this weekend in atlanta. i leave on friday.
welcome to the january installment of the 12 of 12 project started by chad darnell.
this was a hard one as it’s a saturday, and i don’t do a whole helluva lot of interesting things on saturday. so welcome to an amazingly boring look into my life:
01. 10:00am. self portrait just out of bed.
02. 10:30am. makin’ breakfast. scrambled egg’s with “ring of fire” red pepper flakes.
03. 10:40am. breakfast tv; molly from bravo’s ‘make me a supermodel’.
04. 2:30pm. afternoon snack.
05. 3:00pm. dusting of snow on my lil’ blue machine.
06. 3:05pm. heaven in a bottle.
07. 3:20pm. arriving at the uptown theater for the 3:30 showing of ‘there will be blood’.
08. 6:30pm. driving to tar-ghetto after the movie. remember kid’s, safety first.
09. 6:45pm. the tar-ghetto in south minneapolis.
10. 6:50pm. the target assets protection vehicle. go go speed racer!
11. 7:30pm. my weekend project, organizing the media/luggage/junk closet. note the beer, and stack of cd’s yet to be organized.
12. 8:00pm. the bedside reading pile. yea, yea, that’s book 7. i read part’s of it at least weekly.
welcome to the inaugural installment of 12 of 12 on atomic pop!. for those not in the know, 12 of 12 is the brainchild of chad darnell.
welcome to this lil’ snapshot of a day in the life of me.
01. 6:30am. this is where the magic happens. (ignore the cobwebs)
02. 6:50ish. i call this: “parker on radiator with her doppelganger behind her”. seriously, if your familiar with la chat noir, you know parker (i had the print before i had the cat).
03. 8:30am. this is the front entrance of my companies world headquarters. impressive in’it? ok, not really – but yea, that’s a totem pole. how many of you can say you have a totem pole in your front yard?
04. 9:00am. this is where the ‘business’ magic happens. note the sign in the back ‘gay pride for plant freedom’ – yup, that’s what kind of company i work for! booh-ya!!!
05. mid-morning. taking an all important “itunes” break. importing the soundtrack to ‘the darjeeling limited’.
06. noon-ish. chicken tamale with beans, yukon potato’s & grape soda = all from our fabulously tasty organic on-site restaurant. biff the iphone is making a special appearance in this pic!
07. 2ish. this is one of my storage rooms. note the fact i can barely walk in there. our new coordinator who starts on monday; yep, this is one of her first duties. organize this hell.
08. 3:00pm. self portrait.
09. 3:30pm. christmas shopping for cb. note; cb, divert your eyes. yup – i’m getting him the kindle. i mean, who wouldn’t want a book that runs on batteries. who needs pesky pages when you can run the risk of a motherboard failure or your batteries dying.
10. 5:10pm. driving and taking pictures. safety first kids.
11. 5:30pm. the minneapolis eagle bar. i drive by it every night on the way home from work.
12. 5:50pm. cb and i have been talking about these high-intensity blue holiday lights a lot lately. here’s a detail of the lights on a tree near my house covered in them.
the bonus pic for the month was on the topic ‘believe’. i’ve been trying to get my mind around this word for the past couple of days. the obvious choice of course would be something about “the season” – but seeing as i’m not down with the big jc – i wasn’t sure where i was gonna go with this. until i looked up into the sky tonight.
this just sum’s my belief in the power of the human race. it took us 9 years to make it to the moon. imagine what else we could achieve if we all worked on it. anything is possible really.