welcome to the inaugural installment of 12 of 12 on atomic pop!. for those not in the know, 12 of 12 is the brainchild of chad darnell.
welcome to this lil’ snapshot of a day in the life of me.
01. 6:30am. this is where the magic happens. (ignore the cobwebs)
02. 6:50ish. i call this: “parker on radiator with her doppelganger behind her”. seriously, if your familiar with la chat noir, you know parker (i had the print before i had the cat).
03. 8:30am. this is the front entrance of my companies world headquarters. impressive in’it? ok, not really – but yea, that’s a totem pole. how many of you can say you have a totem pole in your front yard?
04. 9:00am. this is where the ‘business’ magic happens. note the sign in the back ‘gay pride for plant freedom’ – yup, that’s what kind of company i work for! booh-ya!!!
05. mid-morning. taking an all important “itunes” break. importing the soundtrack to ‘the darjeeling limited’.
06. noon-ish. chicken tamale with beans, yukon potato’s & grape soda = all from our fabulously tasty organic on-site restaurant. biff the iphone is making a special appearance in this pic!
07. 2ish. this is one of my storage rooms. note the fact i can barely walk in there. our new coordinator who starts on monday; yep, this is one of her first duties. organize this hell.
08. 3:00pm. self portrait.
09. 3:30pm. christmas shopping for cb. note; cb, divert your eyes. yup – i’m getting him the kindle. i mean, who wouldn’t want a book that runs on batteries. who needs pesky pages when you can run the risk of a motherboard failure or your batteries dying.
10. 5:10pm. driving and taking pictures. safety first kids.
11. 5:30pm. the minneapolis eagle bar. i drive by it every night on the way home from work.
12. 5:50pm. cb and i have been talking about these high-intensity blue holiday lights a lot lately. here’s a detail of the lights on a tree near my house covered in them.
the bonus pic for the month was on the topic ‘believe’. i’ve been trying to get my mind around this word for the past couple of days. the obvious choice of course would be something about “the season” – but seeing as i’m not down with the big jc – i wasn’t sure where i was gonna go with this. until i looked up into the sky tonight.
this just sum’s my belief in the power of the human race. it took us 9 years to make it to the moon. imagine what else we could achieve if we all worked on it. anything is possible really.